I can’t tell you how much I loved Disneyland. It was the imagination that came alive from Walt Disney himself. I admire him so much for making his dream come true and did not give up. True inspiration.
I’ve been to Walt Disney World many times and will be for years to come, since it is the more convenient park for me. However, Disneyland will always be special.
These are the top five I feel you must do when visiting Disneyland(DL) and California Adventure(CA). These are not in any particular order.
1. Ride It’s a Small World (DL-Fantasyland)- While you are on this ride, look for the Disney Princesses and characters. You can find Ariel, Aladdin, Pumba, and Simba, just to name a few. See how many you can find.
2. Take an art class Animation Academy (CA Hollywood Land)– They have a class every 30 minutes. You can check out the list of characters they do right outside the room. We did this a few times. We loved it.
3. Take a picture with Oswald (CA)- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is Walt Disney’s original character but lost the rights to Universal before Mickey Mouse was create. Disney regained Oswald in 2006 and brought him to the parks in 2014. I’m not sure if he is only there on special occasions now or still full time. That I can’t confirm, but if you have the chance to take a picture, don’t pass it up.
4. Find the entrance to Club 33 (DL-New Orleans Square)- If you have the $25,000 to $50,000 to pay and be on the waiting list(over ten years) to get in, more power to you. This club was for the VIP back in the days. Finding the entrance can be a game in itself. I probably passed it a couple of times before realizing it.
5. Check out the window above the firehouse (DL-Main Street, USA)- This was Walt Disney’s private apartment. This was built during construction so he could oversee the work. He also stood in that window to watch the crowds come pouring in on opening day. He would always keep a light on in the window when he was there, so the employees knew he was there. After his death, that light is always on to show he is there in spirit.
There is so much to do at Disneyland and California Adventure, these are just the little things I enjoyed.
Please leave a comment on what you think is a Must Do at Disneyland. I appreciate all comments.