5 Must Do’s at Disneyland/California Adventure

I can’t tell you how much I loved Disneyland. It was the imagination that came alive from Walt Disney himself. I admire him so much for making his dream come true and did not give up. True inspiration.

I’ve been to Walt Disney World many times and will be for years to come, since it is the more convenient park for me. However, Disneyland will always be special.

These are the top five I feel you must do when visiting Disneyland(DL) and California Adventure(CA). These are not in any particular order.

1. Ride It’s a Small World (DL-Fantasyland)- While you are on this ride, look for the Disney Princesses and characters. You can find Ariel, Aladdin, Pumba, and Simba, just to name a few. See how many you can find.

Lilo and Stitch
Aladdin and Princess Jasmine

2. Take an art class Animation Academy (CA Hollywood Land)– They have a class every 30 minutes. You can check out the list of characters they do right outside the room. We did this a few times. We loved it.

3. Take a picture with Oswald (CA)- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is Walt Disney’s original character but lost the rights to Universal before Mickey Mouse was create. Disney regained Oswald in 2006 and brought him to the parks in 2014. I’m not sure if he is only there on special occasions now or still full time. That I can’t confirm, but if you have the chance to take a picture, don’t pass it up.

4. Find the entrance to Club 33 (DL-New Orleans Square)- If you have the $25,000 to $50,000 to pay and be on the waiting list(over ten years) to get in, more power to you. This club was for the VIP back in the days. Finding the entrance can be a game in itself. I probably passed it a couple of times before realizing it.

5. Check out the window above the firehouse (DL-Main Street, USA)- This was Walt Disney’s private apartment. This was built during construction so he could oversee the work. He also stood in that window to watch the crowds come pouring in on opening day. He would always keep a light on in the window when he was there, so the employees knew he was there. After his death, that light is always on to show he is there in spirit.

There is so much to do at Disneyland and California Adventure, these are just the little things I enjoyed.

Please leave a comment on what you think is a Must Do at Disneyland. I appreciate all comments.

13 Comments Add yours

1. johnrieber says:

OK, we all know that “It’s A Small World” is not only a fun trip down a simpler Disneyland, but it will leave that song in your head forever! With the new areas getting so much attention, I think it’s fun to check out the old-fashioned nature of “Frontierland” and of course the “Swiss Family Robinson” treehouse!

Liked by 1 person

1. tinastepek says:

I agree. The reason I picked It’s a Small World is because I’m use to the one in Walt Disney World and it is nothing like the one in Disneyland . I love that Disney characters are in it.

Liked by 1 person

1. johnrieber says:

The last time I was at Disneyland we went on it for “old times sake” and they have updated with with many more current characters….again, now the song is in my head the rest of the day!

Liked by 1 person

2. tinastepek says:

Hahaha. My daughter refuses to ride the ride at WDW because of that. Lol

Liked by 1 person

3. johnrieber says:

Just saying the words is all it takes! After hearing it for the entire ride its embedded forever!

Liked by 1 person

2. sweetsidekickmama says:

Big Disney fan! I really liked looking through your suggestions, especially Oswald!

Liked by 1 person

3. Kathy says:

I’d love to take the kids one day!

Liked by 1 person

1. tinastepek says:

They would love it!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathy says:

Love the pics. Will show them tomorrow 🤩

4. Fab post! I am visiting for the first time next year and can’t wait! x

Liked by 1 person

1. tinastepek says:

You will love it. I’m ready to go back

Liked by 1 person